Tuesday, May 16, 2017

MSNBC? Dead to me.

I stopped watching most of the political coverage on cable news channels nearly two years ago, but when events of particular interest occurred, such as the three debates between Hillary Clinton and Don Cornholio last year, I watched MSNBC to see what Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell were saying. They were the only two people on TV news programs I could stomach.

Now MSNBC has decided it wants to be Fox News Channel Jr. and is ending its relationship with Lawrence O'Donnell. This means it's officially over for me. I'll continue to get my political updates from Internet sources. If Rachel Maddow survives, I may have an excuse to watch her show once in awhile... maybe if Republicans ever decide to restore the system of checks and balances and start holding the so-called precedent (sic) accountable.

Added 10:05 AM Thursday 18 May: That didn't last long. Last night, as we were channel surfing, we passed MSNBC, where Lawrence O'Donnell and his guests were discussing the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel investigating the Cornholio mob. We ended up spending more than two hours watching O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, plus Don Lemon or Brian Williams on CNN when MSNBC was taking a commercial break. Several times I thought -- If the cable news shows had been on the case like this last year, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess today.

No comments:

Post a Comment