Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Shoes and Scams

Nike ad

I don't own any Nike shoes because I can't justify spending that kind of money for them, but I really enjoy the idea that Donnie's Deplorable Dimbulbs are trashing their expensive Nike products to make some half-assed statement or other.

Call me a skeptic or call me a cynic, but I'm not buying into this supposed bombshell, the anonymous op-ed published in the New York Times, because it looks hinky to me. Smells like another WH stunt to change the conversation on cable news channels, and more important, keep MAGA Maggots in a frenzy by turning a discussion about Donnie's criminal incompetence into a discussion about betrayal by disloyal staff members.

The Deplorable Maggots aren't interested in Donnie's incompetence (since their evaluation of him is completely based on comparing him to themselves), but disloyal interference with MAGA really pisses them off.

Update 1:16 PM Thursday: The Fox News reaction to the anonymous op-ed in the NYT was completely predictable, and provides convincing evidence that the "covert WH resistance" is bogus --- something cooked up by Donnie's staff to neutralize media coverage Bob Woodward's book was receiving: "Let's get busy shifting attention from Donnie's failures (very real) to the dirty traitors around him (mostly fictional)."

No comments:

Post a Comment