Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl 49

Somehow I managed to get through the entire 2014 football season without watching a single NFL game. I considered watching the playoff games, but tossed that idea after discovering that so many of them were being shown in prime time. It ultimately came down to the Super Bowl or nothing.

So, the Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks met in the big game this afternoon. I don't have a favorite NFL team anymore, but in this matchup, I was rooting for New England. I watched most of the first half, then switched channels to avoid the ridiculous fucking halftime extravaganza. By the time I went back to the game, the Seahawks were leading 24-21 in the 4th quarter, but the Patriots were on offense with plenty of time to at least tie the score at 24-24.

New England got the touchdown instead to lead 28-24. Seattle then moved into position to win the game in the final minute, but the Pats got a game-saving interception (similar to the one the Aggies used to beat Alabama in 2012) and ran out the last 20 seconds or so. That last Seattle pass was hard to understand, all factors considered.

I stopped watching Super Bowls because so many of the games were boring, and the teams I pulled for usually lost. After today, I may reevaluate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment