Thursday, April 3, 2014

Teaps

There are many things about the tea party movement that make me feel like puking, and one of them is the idea that voters who hate government are able to elect candidates who also hate government, have no interest in governing, and have no political skills whatsoever. Goddammit, I have to live here, and I need functional government --- at least at the federal level. (I've written off state government as a lost cause for the time being).

When fucking tea creeps (or teaps for short) take congressional seats away from Republicans who actually understand the role of government and are able to negotiate reasonable compromises, we get the kind of cluster fuck that we've been seeing since the 2010 midterm elections.

With that in mind, an item from Talking Points Memo gave me a reason to smile for a few minutes this afternoon. I need tiny flickers of hope now and then to avoid going completely pessimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment