Friday, January 13, 2023

Q NOTES # K+34: Friday the 13th

Over the years I've developed a variety of superstitions. For example, during the R.C. Slocum era, I never watched an A&M football game on TV unless I was wearing my lucky maroon socks. That one ended during the early Franchione era, when nothing I wore could prevent scores like Sooners 77 Aggies 0.

Another common superstition is the one about Friday the 13th being inherently unlucky. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I picked that one up before I retired. On one particular Friday 13th several things went wrong at the office. These were problems that could've happened any other day, and similar things occasionally did, but that particular day a fresh strain of irrational thinking infected my worldview. It has lingered there since, but the thirteenth day of a month doesn't fall on Friday more than once or twice a year, so it's inconsequential in the overall scheme of things.

On a different topic: If MAGA Monkeys really want to stop being ridiculed for their stunning stupidity, they need to start thinking intelligently about matters like the J6 insurrection. 

Liberals who contribute written input to political blogs are making a big thing out of the two months it took AG Merrick Garland to designate a special counsel to investigate the Joe Biden classified documents matter, compared to 22 months to appoint a special counsel to investigate TFG Dumold Asswhistle's classified documents case. Maybe the difference reflects different levels of complexity in two distinctly different situations.

It's fairly obvious the message House MAGA Monkeys are sending to American voters is simply this: "We don't give a damn about winning any fuckin' popularity contests!"

No comments:

Post a Comment