Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Late Start Tuesday

 Every year in early March, I dedicate one weekday to preparation of my income tax return for the previous year. Today was tax prep day for the 2023 return. I had finally received all the forms I needed to verify the sources and amounts of income from pensions, annuities, interest, dividends, and so forth. Unlike other people, I don't try to file my returns electronically, but eventually that may become necessary.

The reason I mention this is that concentrating on the IRS forms kept me away from the webpages I usually read to see how much closer to hell the nation has slipped in the last 48 hours. I finally got a look in the last hour or so.

The best news I saw concerned TSF Dooky Toadfartz making a lot of loud pronouncements that he will be cleansing the Republican Party of every single member who is not absolutely and totally loyal to him, to the exclusion of everything else. Think about that for a minute: The opinion polls and primary elections are clearly indicating that a significant percentage of (R) voters are tired of Toadfartz and his boring TV reality show. Now the ignorant asshole is promising to push those voters away from what became the MAGA Muppet Party. My prediction is that nearly all of them will be saying, "You can't fire us, motherfucker. We QUIT!"

In two elections, Toadfartz barely cleared 46 percent of the popular vote. Now he believes he can afford to discard approximately thirty percent of the people who vote for Republican candidates. Tell us again how the waste of shit's dementia isn't getting worse each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment