Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hey, bro. This one's for you...

Mrs. bee left on her long-planned Colorado trip this morning, and I'll have the place to myself for several days. I feel like an old, retired version of Tom Cruise in the movie Risky Business. Unlike Tom, I doubt if I'll get in any trouble, but I do plan to make a nice dent in that stack of R-rated DVDs I've been stockpiling. First on the list is There Will Be Blood, and I'll probably follow that with The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. Before the week's over, I also need to see No Country For Old Men again. I'll try to fit in three movies per day. Anyway, I'm slightly giddy with anticipation, as they say, and in the mood for a little juvenile behavior.

My bro in Houston is the only person I know that I agree with on most things. He's also the only regular reader of the jailbee blogs and when I write, I try to keep in mind he may be reading. Yesterday we exchanged e-mails discussing the election and possible scenarios for the next four years, and somewhere in there he mentioned that he was waiting to see what moniker I would attach to Sarah Palin. Hell, I'd barely heard of her, and damned sure didn't know enough to give her a nickname.

But I thought about it and realized that around here, McCain has THREE nicknames: Ace, Top Gun, and Speedo. In the interest of gender equity, his ticketmate needs at least one. So, in a fit of Saturday morning juvenile behavior, here it is:

Sarah Palin = S.P. = beauty contest participant = SP = Sweet Pea = Pea, Mrs. Pea, etc. So Sweet Pea it shall be. Hope Pea does something about that hairdo. And bro, this one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment